Friday, January 9, 2009

My First Sale!

Not too bad, I think. And interestingly, my first sale happened to be one of my all-time favorite buttons from the collection. They are made of black glass, likely from the late 1800's, and have a silver lustre finish.

I had decided to try out a "Showcase" spot on Etsy.com, as a way to gain exposure. At the time, there was no way to know if my sale came from that showcase, because the site did not have a way to capture statistics. About a week later, the announcement was made that Google Analytics was up and ready for use with our shops. I hopped right aboard, of course, began scouring for details as to what was happening within my shop.

It was difficult to understand; the program is really very powerful. But I did stumble down some lane and - aha! There was the clue. One little visit to my shop via the Showcase... ONE! I was not a happy camper, having read on the Etsy site that Showcases were an "excellent way to increase exposure..."

Well, it is what it is. I don't think I will do a showcase again; at least the way theu are set up. But the good news is that, of that ONE visitor, I made a sale. My FIRST sale!

Photobucket
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Esty Sellers - Scroll to the lower portion of this page to get links to helpful marketing/selling tool/informational sites sites.

Esty Shoppers - Scroll to the lower portion of this page to get links to blogs from Etsy sellers!
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

No comments:

Post a Comment